Sunday 15 February 2015

Big day...

  Today was Tucker's first birthday!!! We had a dinosaur themed party and it went off without a hitch. He ate the crap out of a cupcake, met some new people, and had some cuddles from a bunch of different people. It was a dinosaur birthday! I made most of the decorations myself; I think my favourite part was the 'Tar Pit' table. It had a plate of "Dino Poop" on it (mixed chocolates).



  I can't believe it's already been a year since that little goober surprised us with his (10 week) early arrival. He hasn't stopped growing and learning since, and I'm so proud of him.



  I also received my first ATC in the mail today. It was a birthday card for tucker. I love it, and I'm so excited to start up a collection. I'm having so much fun making them, I totally forgot about how much fun it's going to be to receive them as well.



  When I went to the mailbox, another package was waiting for me...My first Ipsy GlamBag!


  I think it's a pretty good haul. I received...

Cargo Cosmetics mini lip gloss in Anguilla: I'm not usually a huge lip gloss gal, but I really like this product. Maybe I didn't like lip gloss before because I never found the right one. The shade is a soft, pale pink and it goes on nice and smooth. Doesn't feel as tacky as lots of the lip glosses I've tried before. When I first put it on, it looked super pale; almost white, but I just daubed a bit off and smoothed it around and it looked great. You don't need to put much on, that's for sure.

Luxie Beauty large angled brush 504: I love this brush. It's really soft and I've never used an angled brush like it before. Not only is it cute, but I think I'll be using it everyday.

Model Co. Blush in Cosmopolitan: I haven't experimented too much with different blushes, but this is definitely the smoothest blush I've ever used. I like the colour, too. It's super-pigmented, so you don't need a ton of it, and it blends nicely, too. Thumbs up!

NYX Cosmetics slim eye pencil in Silver Shimmer: This eye pencil is a light silver with sparkles in it. Not shimmer, sparkle. I'm not a sparkle wearer. Not a fan of this one. I might use it to smudge on top of my highlight shadow to add some sparkle if I'm going out at night, but not for anything other than that.

GlamGlow EyeMud treatment: I got two applications of this eye treatment in my bag. It's for dark circles, bags, swelling, etc. You put it on, wait three minutes, then wipe it off. Not usually something I'd use, but I'm gonna try it out.

Pink patterned makeup bag: I like this bag. I've seen some of the bags from previous months and this one is quite nice in comparison. I like that it's not just a flat colour. I think it will be my lipstick bag. I've got a bunch of tiny sticks of lipstick from Avon and they need a home.

  All in all, I'm really happy with my first Ipsy GlamBag. Looking forward to next month's already!


No comments:

Post a Comment