Thursday 12 February 2015

Two More ATCs

  Sent off two more ATCs yesterday.

  The first one's theme is Dr.Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. I was super excited to see this theme as an option; it gave me an excuse to watch it again. If you haven't seen it -- watch it. Now. Go now and watch it. I'll wait...
  I had a bunch of fun ideas, but I decided on a kind of mash-up of Dr.Horrible and Penny's characters. This was my first time doing a non-cartoony portrait. I think it turned out pretty good for my first go at it. It doesn't super duper look like Penny, but I'm still happy with it.
  For the background, I did different layers of colour and splatters of masking fluid, ending with some wet-on-wet splashes. I'm in love with masking fluid.


  The second's theme is The Walking Dead. As soon as I saw that theme, this idea popped into my head. It's an infected zombie bite, incase it wasn't obvious. I used some fun techniques with this one, including blowing on it with straws for the veins and some dry brush stippling. 


  For now, I'm mostly sticking with the watercolours for my ATCs. It's been fun trying new things with it. So far, I think it's my favourite medium. 

  I spent today baking cupcakes and finishing up some decorations for Tucker's birthday party Saturday. Only two days away, still much to do. Tomorrow will be busy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment